In this week’s episode of the Rebel Babe Cave, we are so happy to host Kaitlyn Vincie! For those that don’t know, Kaitlyn is a TV host and reporter for the Fox NASCAR Team! She hosts a pre-race show and covers a bunch of different series of races. This is the job that Kaitlyn has always wanted to do since she was young and she admits that she is really living out her dream, something that she is grateful for even when things are challenging. We discuss her journey in this career, her wonderful and surprising family life and how she balances her personal ambitions with being a mother. Kaitlyn believes in showing up to set an example of how all of this is possible for women and her attitude of commitment and care is truly inspiring. We talk about her younger years and the seeds of her passion for sport and broadcasting; apparently there are early recordings of Kaitlyn as a young girl pretending to host the news! She explains how she got hired by Fox Sports and how she used social media to grow in her career. She also tells us about an exciting new fiction project she is working on and hoping to get published in the new future. For all this from a remarkable leading lady, listen in with us today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Goals, gratitude, and badassery with Kaitlyn!
- Embarrassing and funny moments in Kaitlyn’s television career!
- Watching things back, self-criticism and finding a way to improve kindly.
- Balancing time between family, work and a relationship.
- Setting a successful example of family and career for women.
- Kaitlyn’s family and upbringing; her connection to hosting and sport.
- How Kaitlyn created a demo reel and got hired by Fox Sports.
- The rise of social media and how it helped springboard Kaitlyn’s career.
- Kaitlyn’s fiction writing aspirations and the book she has been writing.
- A fun quote that Kaitlyn has always held dear!
“I do want to set that example. That is very important to me, to push the narrative that women can still have a family and they can work in racing.” — @kaitlynvincie [0:16:39]
“I never take those moments for granted because this is all I ever wanted to do.” — @kaitlynvincie [0:22:56]
“I started writing a NASCAR column for my university paper, I did an internship at news station with a focus in sports.” — @kaitlynvincie [0:29:04]