Anxiety and depression are things that many of us struggle with, sometimes without even knowing exactly what is going on. Today’s guest overcame her anxiety and adjusted her life to function at her best. Jasyra Santiago-Hines is a wife, registered nurse, reiki healer, podcaster, personal trainer, fitness instructor, nutrition coach, author, cannabis consultant, speaker and social media influencer. She was born and raised in North Philadelphia, she obtained her Bachelor’s of Nursing from Newman University and her Graduate degree from Le Salle University for studies in anaesthesia. Later, her love and passion for fitness and nutrition, and woman empowerment grew through social media. She is now the founder and CEO of Love Fit LLC where she lives a life by design and leads woman to do the same. Stay tuned for today’s episode with Jasyra Santiago-Hines as we dive into her journey of overcoming anxiety and living a full life!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Goals, gratitudes, and badass-ery from Jasyra.
- Jasyra shares her personal struggle with anxiety and depression.
- The different types of anxiety treatment options available.
- How birth control played a role in Jasyra’s diagnosis of generalized anxiety.
- How Jasyra got rid of her $72,000 of student loan debt.
- Jasyra talks about her journey in the fitness world.
- Advice and tips on how Jasyra manages to juggle all the different aspects of her life.
- The importance of communication when you are living a busy life.
- What Jasyra’s self-care routine looks like and why it works for her.
- The role of medical marijuana and CBD for anxiety.
- Jasyra shares a quote she lives by and why she chose it.
“When I started the network marketing business and helping people through fitness, I started to get addicted. I was doing so many different programs and I wanted to learn everything about being healthy. As I started to build my business and help so many people, it inspired me to keep doing more.” — Jasyra Santiago – Hines [0:20:55]
“Anything that has been hard for me, I’m just like trying to pay it forward and help people not do the mistakes that I did or just be able to give the opportunities that I didn’t have.” — Jasyra Santiago – Hines [0:23:15]
“I have this desire. I want to empower women, I don’t want to care about what multi-level marketing business you’re in. I just want to connect with successful people. I want to help women in all aspects of their lives.” — Jasyra Santiago – Hines [0:24:24]
“I put my iPhone on ‘Do Not Disturb’ from 7am-9am in the morning to do my own self-care because self-care so important for anxiety.” — Jasyra Santiago – Hines [0:29:40]
“Meditation is a journey. It’s never going to be perfect, but as long as you are consistent with it you’ll start seeing the benefits of it.” — Jasyra Santiago – Hines [0:36:20]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Angie Lee — Pays To Be Brave — RBC Code: CHRY50