When it comes to personal wellness and holistic living, there really is no “one-size fits all” approach to take. Each and every one of us is different, whether it be our bodies, our mindsets, or even our personal capacities to deal with life’s challenges. The key is to truly know ourselves and identify where our choices are when creating a holistic life. Our guest today is Alexa Schuman, a holistic lifestyle expert, and certified integrative nutrition health coach and women’s health advocate who turned her own experience and passion for the women’s wellness movement into a collective space for new mothers to live holistically.
Motherhood greatly shifted her mindset around the connection of our everyday choices to our well-being. Her intention is to help women confidently navigate a more organic approach with ease so it doesn’t overtake their lives and they feel more whole in the process!
Inside this episode, we talk about Alexa’s two new initiatives and how these business ventures have equipped her in her journey to helping women and holding a space for them to become healthy, thriving humans. We also dive into what it means to make conscious choices, letting your journey fuel your motivation. Finally, we take a look at the missed benefits that used to be evident in tribe communities, a misdiagnosed miscarriage that jump-started Alexa’s path, and why it is essential to get back to eating nutrient-dense whole foods for establishing your holistic life. Stay tuned for all this and more!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Goals, gratitude, and badassery: finding clarity, embracing her path, and new concept launches.
- Uprooted’s mission: shifting the perspective on health and redefining wellness.
- Top tips from Alexa for getting more “plants on your plate”: the nutrient connection.
- Where Alexa first discovered her passion for health and wellness.
- How Alexa’s own journey helps power her mission to help others.
- Understanding the benefits and best practices of adding juicing to your diet.
- The hardest part of turning on the entrepreneurial brain and following the business path.
- Why Alexa puts emphasis on women needing special care, which they simply aren’t getting.
- The events that led Alexa to choose her path to helping postpartum women.
- Suggestions for mothers on where to start in their self-advocacy journey.
- The damaging effect of information overload from the so-called “experts”.
- Alexa’s go-to quote to live by: “The truth always reveals itself.”
“My mission is to shift the perspective on health and to really redefine wellness as way of life.” — Alexa Schuman [0:07:12]
“No matter who I see, I want to help.” — Alexa Schuman [0:19:28]
“I want to see everybody turn into these healthy, thriving humans.” — Alexa Schuman [0:19:44]
“I don’t believe that health is found in a magic pill. I don’t feel that it’s even found in a specific diet. I think it’s really looking at the different aspects of your life and finding the ones that aren’t serving you.” — Alexa Schuman [0:25:30]
“I was kicked out of a mommy group for being too holistic.” — Alexa Schuman [0:29:26]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Angie Lee: Pays To Be Brave [RBC Code: CHRY50]