Not many people know about all the horrible and harmful chemicals that are in the majority of our make-up, skincare, beauty products, cleaning solutions, detergents, and even our water. Often we are more concerned with what we put in our bodies than what we are putting on our bodies. The fact is, it’s extremely easy to get overwhelmed with all the information out there and perhaps you don’t know where to start or what to sort through. On today’s episode of The Rebel Babe Cave Podcast, we start with an introduction into non-toxic beauty and what the looks like when implemented into our daily lives. The goal of this episode is to hit you with some education and to give you some tips on what to look out for. We’ll discuss the subject of Green Washing, give you the resources where you can do you own research, and some tools and tricks on starting to replace your current products with safer ones! So stay tuned and listen up to learn more about what you’re putting on your body and begin your transition towards a non-toxic beauty lifestyle.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Facts about products banned due to harmful chemical make-up.
- A list of some of the most common harmful ingredients.
- Green Washing — common green washing techniques.
- Flash terms to watch out for when buying natural products.
- Cruelty-free and what that really means.
- More on the hidden term “fragrance,” and what to watch out for.
- Advice on where to start your clean, harm-free journey: Toothpaste, body wash, lotion.
- Chrystal shares some tips on affordable, clean products.
- The importance of remembering that this is a personal, individualized journey.
My Favorite Products:
- Whish Botanical Primer
- Whish Rice Milk + Rose Crème Cleanser
- Fitglow Beauty Sea Toning Mist
- Agent Nateur Holi(stick) Sensitive Deodorant
- Roses + Azalea Dry Shampoo
- Kaia Naturals Overnight Dry Shampoo
- Whish Restoring Face Oil
- Letellier Eye Liner
- Zuzu Luxe Liquid Liner
- Crunchi Eyeshadow
- 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Palette
- Jane Iredale Eye Shadow Kit
- Lily Lolo Makeup mist
- Lily Lolo Eye Palette
- 100% Pure Body Cream
- True Botanicals Nourishing Shampoo
- 100% Pure BB Cream
- 100% Pure Bamboo Blur Powder
- Crunchi Beautifully Flawless Foundation
- Fitglow Beauty Conceal+
- Vapour Organic Atmosphere Luminous Foundation
- Au Naturale Creme Highlighter Stick in Rose Gold
- Plume Nourish + Define Brow Pomade
- Zuzu Luxe Lip Liner
- Henné Organics Luxury Lip Tint
- 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Pomegranate Oil Anti-Aging Lipstick
- Elate Crème Lipstick
- Crunchi Luxe Lipstick
- Clove + Hallow Lip Crème
- Juice Beauty Photo-Pigments Satin Lip Cream
- ecobrow Defining Wax
- Whish Rose Hip + Lotus Restoring Dew Mask
- Acure Resurfacing Treatment
- Acure Radically Rejuvenating Face Mask
- Babydoll Face Mask
- Kokoleka Purifying Mask
“If you are ever unsure of an ingredient listed in your products, or you want to look it up to see whether it’s harmful, and how harmful it is, you can go to ewg.org/skindeep and you can search brands, ingredients, all of that and it will give you so much information.” — Chrystal Rose [0:04:10]
“I really want to stress this — going through this process of changing your lifestyle, is a personal thing and it’s going to be and look different for everyone. Some people might go hardcore, zero exceptions and others might make allowances here or there. And it is all ok!” — Chrystal Rose [0:14:10]
“Making changes can be pretty overwhelming, so be okay with starting small, if you need to. And remember, you’re doing it for you, not for anyone else. So you’re the one who gets to say what steps you take to live a healthier lifestyle.” — Chrystal Rose [0:14:55]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: