Our guest on today’s episode of The Rebel Babe Cave Podcast, is Champa Thao. Champa is the owner of Champa Beauty & Co and started her business seven years ago, following her passion to help empower women to feel beautiful, inside and out. Champa’s tenacity for achieving excellence has enabled her to work with clients who see the value of high-quality, comprehensive makeup, lash, and beauty services. In addition to Champa’s business journey, she has also had an interesting journey with her own personal fitness. In this episode, Champa shares how she has overcome the self-sabotaging mindset that many of us wrestle with. Here, we discuss the importance of acknowledging your feelings (especially the negative ones!), how to bounce back from dark places, and flip the switch into positivity. In addition, we discuss the importance of trying, asking for help, and educating ourselves about our own bodies, so that we can be better equipped physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually on our fitness journeys. If you are looking for some words of wisdom to pump you up for your next squat or downward dog, then this is the episode for you!
Key Points from This Episode:
- Discover why you need to prioritize in order to balance your lifestyle and business.
- Champa shares her fitness journey and overcoming the fear of judgement and perfectionism.
- The importance of having a dedicated fitness community to support and encourage you.
- Why we need to overcome the fear of asking for help and trying in the fitness space.
- How self-sabotaging can stem from childhood and is often fueled by social media.
- Feeling sorry for yourself: How to step back and ask yourself why you feel that way.
- Education is power: Why we need to ask questions and seek resources to achieve our goals.
- Why flexible dieting works for Champa and why counting your macros is really not that hard!
- Intuitive eating, figuring out what works for you, and why you shouldn’t compare yourself.
- The importance of acknowledging your feelings and how to bounce back from negativity.
“I think anyone who knows what balance is, knows what priorities are.” — Champa Thao [0:07:40]
“I realized that the only person stopping me from being successful in my fitness journey was me.” — Champa Thao [0:10:40]
“I think the hardest thing for people is just trying.” — Champa Thao [0:12:55]
“Growth in fitness comes with time and education.” — Champa Thao [0:20:05]
“Acknowledging your feelings and allowing yourself to feel is important, but don’t live in it.” — Champa Thao [0:31:50]
“You are in control of you.” — Champa Thao [0:36:21]
“If you don’t know something, go and find out.” — Champa Thao [0:38:31]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: