Cel Smart is a wife, career woman, fitness professional, entrepreneur, and community leader with passion for helping others. Cel believes that her family, strong work ethic, community involvement, and philanthropic efforts are what help push her daily to be amazing, which is her personal mantra. This “be amazing” mantra birthed an entrepreneurial venture, Be Amazing Weekend, which will take place in fall 2021. The event is a weekend for women of all ages, races, and creeds to come together to celebrate being a woman. In addition, Cel has partnered with SweatNET to launch the Be Amazing Podcast. In this episode, Cel shares the inspiration behind Be Amazing, what the 2020 edition holds due to COVID, and how diving into the deep end with hosting a big event taught her so much. We also talk about fitness goals, being part of a team, and learning to rock our bodies as women, no matter what our age! Tune in to find out more.
Key Points from This Episode:
- Kicking off with Goals, Gratitude, and Badassery, Cel share her fitness goals with listeners.
- Winning Dancing With the Stars of Charlotte and raising $30,000 for a non-profit last year.
- The inspiration behind Be Amazing, after Cel spent years competing in fitness competitions.
- COVID has thrown a spanner in the works for the 2020 edition, but Cel is taking the time to stay connected with other women.
- What Cel learned from putting together the first Be Amazing event, from venue to registration.
- Diving into the deep end taught Cel so much about running a big event with her great team.
- The potential and power that comes from helping other women – from struggling to shining!
- How Cel went from hating running to looking forward to it; a time to switch off and brainstorm.
- Fitness can allow us that freedom for creativity and flow, no matter your fitness style.
- Cel talks about her training regimes, from running classes to functional training and yoga.
- The importance of being a part of a team with other women in the fitness world.
- Cel loves it when women learn to rock their bodies, especially in fitness, no matter their age.
- Ending the show with some quotes from Cel about pushing herself out of her comfort zone and doing the work.
“Women taking the stage, celebrating who they are, celebrating where they are in their health – it didn’t matter – their health and fitness, and owning it and rocking it their way. That’s the vision of Be Amazing.” — Cel Smart [0:08:39]
“You see the potential and you see the power that comes from helping other people. You see that, and to see somebody go from struggling to see them shine.” — Cel Smart [0:17:05]
“Running is the one time I can shut the world off, and really just think and breathe and be.” — Cel Smart [0:20:25]
“Just do the work. It’s going to take work, there is no easy way to do it, there’s no easy way around it. Bottom line, end of the day, do the work.” — Cel Smart [0:28:22]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: