A lot of us feel like hamsters on a wheel, trying to feel good, trying to feel happy, trying to love ourselves, doing the mindset work, but so often we find ourselves back where we started in a cycle that can be painful and frustrating. While your mindset plays a critical role in how you cope with life’s challenges, there are a number of reasons why “mindset work” may not be working for you. Recorded during Chrystal’s recent online Healing Workshop, this episode covers the three pillars of connection, why mindset work only works if we’re working at it, and the work that we actually need to do in our body, as well how we cope with trauma, negative feedback loops, and the trouble with “fixing ourselves.” Chrystal also shares more about her upcoming coaching program, where she promises unshakable support, rather than so-called enlightenment. Tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- The three pillars of connection within ourselves: intellectual, emotional, and intuitive.
- Our intuition is always right, but we often override, over-intellectualize, or ignore it.
- The modern world presents us with situations that trigger a survival response in our brains.
- Many people often avoid negative emotions or get stuck in negative feedback loops.
- Knowing what we know about the pillars of connections, mindset work is often frustrating.
- Mindset work only works if we’re working at it – we can be triggered by feelings of shame.
- This work is actually in the body, by creating a connection and being present in the body.
- When we work on our core, within our body, our mind and our behaviors follow.
- Our internal wounds don’t have to be Trauma with a capital T – they can be small incidents.
- We can over-intellectualize our trauma, but our body doesn’t always forget.
- What happens when our needs aren’t met? We find a way to meet those needs externally.
- Getting stuck in a negative behavioral loop between emotions and intellect, fueled by shame.
- There is a difference between our behaviors and our coping mechanisms and who we are!
- We don’t need to “fix” ourselves, read all the self-help books, or see spiritual healers.
- You can’t heal others if you haven’t healed yourself – there are lots of “life coaches” out there who haven’t done the work themselves.
“Knowing what we know about the pillars of connection, how well do you think mindset work actually sticks? How many of you have done some mindset work and then found yourself back where you started, and then got pissed off and frustrated that you’re here again?” — @xtal_rose [0:09:58]
“When you start doing the work, you start getting in your body and you’re present, the mind follows, the behaviors follow. We’re not going to work on emotional eating or perfectionism or being a victim or any of these behaviors specifically. We work on the core, because once we do that, these [things] will resolve themselves.” — @xtal_rose[0:12:09]
“You can’t help others heal if you aren’t healed yourself or if you’re not healing. How many people are out there trying to “fix” other people when they haven’t taken care of their own shit?” — @xtal_rose [0:22:46]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: