Our guest today is an amazing woman who has gone through and conquered many issues relating to her physical appearance, her innate strength, and dealing with haters. Courtney Roselle is the founder of Iron Grace, a certified strength and conditioning specialist, motivational speaker, and fitness model. Courtney is best known for winning the title of East Titan on Season 2 of NBC’s The Titan Games. She has also been featured in Vogue, Self, Shape, and more. A few years ago Courtney left the corporate world and never looked back. In her roles as a strength and conditioning coach, private trainer, and business owner, Courtney’s primary goal is to inspire other female athletes to love their bodies. Throughout her life, Courtney has been rejected and criticized for being “too muscular,” or “too tall,” but she didn’t let that stop her. Stay tuned as we dive into her journey and hear what it means to stay motivated and find your inner strength.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Goals, gratitude, and badassery with Courtney.
- We talk about Courtney’s experience on The Titan Games.
- Her journey through applying for being an ambassador for companies.
- Gracious loser: Here for it versus competing for it through different arenas in life.
- Getting your authenticity out and the impact real-ness carries.
- Robbers don’t rob empty homes: Dealing with haters that inevitably come.
- What keeps Courtney motivated on bad days: Putting out good energy.
- Trying to find the strength that lies within: Be strong. Live confident.
- We talk about the concept of not giving other people the power to feed you.
- Courtney shares her most impactful quote.
“Surrounding yourself with people who are seen as weaker than you, in all aspects, is not how you find growth, that is not how you find peace, and I hate it!” — @CourtneyRoselle [0:10:04]
“I always say to people, and I can’t specify this enough — I don’t care who you are you have to be nice to everybody in the room. You have to give a chance to everyone in the room.” — @CourtneyRoselle [0:16:05]
“There are different ways of being competitive and not being a sore loser.” — @CourtneyRoselle [0:20:30]
“I always say — just because physically you are the best athlete in the room, doesn’t mean you are the most impactful athlete in the room.” — @CourtneyRoselle [0:23:23]
“I tell women to say this all the time — don’t give people the power to feed you, because that means you give them the power to starve you.” — @CourtneyRoselle [0:35:50]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Iron Grace Fitness Phone Number — +1 (201) 207-8971