The holidays should be the most exciting time of the year, but for many people, the fear of overeating, over-drinking, and losing their workout routine, takes the joy out of the festive season. Your host, nutrition and emotional wellbeing coach, Chrystal Rose, knows this feeling all too well. However, over the years she has developed strategies to eat, drink, and workout mindfully so that she can make the most of her holidays while also looking after her physical and mental wellbeing. In this episode, Chrystal shares her top tips for changing your mindset and reversing your self-sabotage loop so that the holidays become a time of pure celebration for you too. Don’t feel guilty about eating the foods you love or missing a few days of exercise. It’s far more important to be present in the moment, enjoy yourself, and focus on what you are grateful for. Wishing you all the best for the holiday season, and remember: you are not broken; you are perfect just as you are!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Details about the Rebellia loungewear drop (the biggest ever!) and the Black Friday stocking drop.
- The branding of XL Nutrition, the new and revamped one-on-one Busy Body Plan, and when you can get started.
- The importance of sustainability and balance when it comes to nutrition.
- Chrystal’s number one tip for holiday nutrition: Enjoy yourself!
- If you are going to lots of social events, load up on protein before instead of mindlessly eating snacks.
- Don’t waste your time on food that you don’t really like.
- Be mindful of what you consume and set boundaries for yourself.
- Alcohol is calorie-heavy and makes it hard to build muscle.
- Chrystal shares a tip for how to avoid being pressured into drinking at holiday events!
- Don’t beat yourself up if you aren’t able to stick to your regular workout routine.
- In order to change your negative actions, you need to change your belief system first.
- Be present in the moment and focus on what you are grateful for.
“We don’t do extreme, we don’t do gimmicks or fads, we don’t promise that you’ll lose 10 pounds in ten minutes. We help you to sustainably lose weight.” @Xtal_Rose [0:05:38]
“If you want to indulge a little bit, please do it because it’s just unhealthy to limit yourself or to weigh and measure your food on a holiday. My philosophy is about being balanced and being flexible.” @Xtal_Rose [0:08:18]
“There is no sense in feeling guilty about eating. It’s just food. Food is meant to be enjoyed. Food is fuel. Food is social, it’s cultural. Just enjoy it. Enjoy yourself.” @Xtal_Rose [0:09:10]
“Real, lasting change is not done at the behavior level; it’s not even done in your thoughts. It’s done in your body, in your internal belief system. If you can change your beliefs and reframe your beliefs then you can change your actions.” @Xtal_Rose [0:18:20]
“Be present in every moment because we can never get time back. We can never get our time with others back. It is our most unrenewable resource that we have. Time is our best asset and it is more valuable than money.” @Xtal_Rose [0:20:57]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: