Today’s guest, Holly Joy McCabe is the Spiritual Fit Chick and the Founder of Zen in a Bottle CBD, a company dedicated to providing safe, natural solutions to wellness. As a trainer, nutrition consultant, and holistic life coach, she is redefining how the world views fitness, diets, self-care, and body image. In this episode, Holly shares some key advice and practical tips for viewing the health of our both mind and body holistically. Learn the dangers of Vitamin D in isolation, how easily myths and misinformation are spread via social media, and why we should avoid off-the-shelf multivitamins. She asserts the importance of an holistic approach to the issues that affect us on a daily basis, whether it’s stress, fatigue, or depression, and, while there’s no one-size-fits-all solution, supplements are a great support tool. Find out how taking supplements can be a life line and a little act of self-care, and the benefits of using a natural deodorant, as well as the significance of going to the root of the issue rather than finding the quick fix. Tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Diving right into it, Holly talks about the unhealthy trends around supplements.
- The dangers of Vitamin D and the need for combining it with its co-factor, Vitamin K2.
- How easily false ideas and misinformation are perpetuated and spread on social media.
- The flaws in off-the-shelf multivitamins and the benefits of the product that Holly has created.
- Creating real-life solutions for people to get enough nutrients is Holly’s mission.
- Supplements are meant to do just that – supplement your diet!
- Nutrient deficient soil and stress and how they affect the level of nutrients, minerals, and vitamins in our bodies.
- The issues people come to see Holly for are multidimensional and require holistic solutions.
- While there is no one-size-fits-all solution, supplements are a great support tool.
- Holly’s favorite thing about supplements are their transformational power – it’s like throwing someone a life raft.
- Why taking supplements is a little (but important) act of self-care.
- Holly shares the genesis of her natural deodorant product and the process of perfecting it.
- The toxic ingredients in store bought deodorant sticks and the benefits of a liquid alternative.
- Why it’s crucial to go to the root of an issue rather than finding a quick fix.
“We get depleted from certain things at higher rates and we can take those in isolation but, as a whole, we cannot ignore the entire symphony. That’s really how vitamins and minerals work is they all work together. You have to at least be nurturing each individual avenue of vitamins and minerals to really get the benefit, and that’s what the multivitamin that I created is. It covers the foundational pieces that you’re not going to get from your diet.” — @HollyJoyMcCabe [0:14:44]
“No one thing in a bottle is going to fix your entire lifestyle.” — @HollyJoyMcCabe [0:19:55]
“Everyone has their own version of the insane amount of stress and pressure that is crippling our mental and physical health, and supplements are a great thing to support that.” — @HollyJoyMcCabe [0:25:31]
“My philosophy with everything, from trauma healing to nutrient deficiency to body odor, is to go to the root, go to the real issue.” — @HollyJoyMcCabe [0:44:03]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: