Today’s guest is on a mission to help women break up with dieting and never count calories again. Sara Loomis is a certified personal trainer and food freedom coach who is committed to getting sustainable results for her clients. Through her food and body breakthrough program, she teaches her clients how to ditch calorie counting and disordered thinking by letting go of limiting beliefs around diet culture and learning to unlock happiness, freedom, and trust around food. Sara is one of the amazing sister coaches that Chrystal has been working with for the past year and, in today’s episode, listeners hear from Sara as she shares her personal food freedom philosophy and the value of showing up for herself. We’ve heard it before, but Chrystal shares a unique analogy to assert that progress isn’t linear, and she also touches on the importance of recognizing our intentions. We can all experience the freedom to live without rules and restrictions, which is what her coaching methodology centers on – the freedom to eat, move, and be how we want to. Tune in today to learn more.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Goals, Gratitude, Badassery: Sara’s goal is to help as many women as possible get unstuck.
- Sara is grateful for her community, as well as the basics – family and friends.
- A recent decision to go on Accutane for her acne and why Sara feels badass about it.
- Sara talks about her personal food freedom philosophy and “showing up for herself.”
- Progress isn’t linear – Sara describes it as a pendulum instead.
- The importance of recognizing your intentions – why do you want to lose weight?
- How certain food triggers can be lessons, without inspiring shame and guilt.
- All of Sara’s coaching is centered on the word freedom – freedom to live without restrictions.
- Genetics also play a role in the way our bodies process food – there’s no one solution.
- The culture of disordered eating and body image obsession in the bodybuilding industry and why Sara got out of it.
- Sara addresses the myth that we can to “get back” to our smallest size with quick fixes.
- Why diets are unsustainable and unrealistic and non-restrictive eating is more effective.
- Ending on a quote: “You need to feel in order to heal.”
“It all comes back to the word, the magical word, intention. What is the intention? Oftentimes I find the intention is, ‘So and so called me fat [10 years ago] and I want to get revenge.’ There’s always these fear-based intentions and that’s when we have to take a look and go deeper. There’s so much more than weight at the surface.” — Sara Loomis [0:14:37]
“It goes back to that word: freedom. Feel free to do what you want to do and move how you want to move and be how you want to be, instead of these rules and restrictions.” — Sara Loomis [0:19:48]
“It’s the instant gratification of this society, and it’s really sad to see people get swallowed up into the grind of bodybuilding or these quick fixes, these cleanses, these juices, all these shakes.” — Sara Loomis [0:30:38]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: