The New Year is a chance to start afresh and is oftentimes characterized by setting goals and envisioning an ideal future for ourselves. Yet, our intentions seldom go according to plan, and what felt possible is never quite achieved. Today, the XL Nutrition team share their answers to reaching your 2021 wellness goals. We open the show by discussing what it actually takes to reach these goals. We go into the strategy behind goal-setting, adjusting goals, and implementation, all while reinforcing why each step is just as important as the last. Our focus then turns toward baby steps, and why incremental gains is the vital ingredient to lasting change in wellness. After hearing about how you can take small steps to make big differences, we then talk about how consistency is key, and why the pursuit for perfection is a dead-end road. Toward the end of the episode, we explain why prioritizing oneself shouldn’t be frowned upon. Lastly, we look at why hiring help is beneficial and explore its uses like taking off pressure and adjusting goals. To hear about these five steps in detail, be sure to join us today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Introducing today’s topic: ways to reach your wellness goals in 2021 with XL Nutrition.
- Hear about what it takes to reach your goals in 2021.
- Find out what goes into creating reachable goals.
- Why weight loss should be a byproduct of your revised, feeling-centric goals.
- Accepting that baby steps are not only good but a necessity.
- Why going for consistency is more valuable than perfection.
- Hear about the roots of perfectionism and why it should be avoided at all costs.
- How you can turn the task of prioritizing yourself into second nature.
- Why hiring help shouldn’t be considered unnecessary.
- Hear about our Busy Body program and what it has to offer.
“I think the main way to be able to start reaching your goals and to stop just feeling like a failure all of the time is to set better goals.” — XL Nutrition [0:02:17]
“It’s not bad to want to be a certain weight or to look a certain way or be a certain size. I’m not into fit shaming either. But when that is your main focus, it’s far easier to feel failure when you’re not there as quickly as you think you should be.” — XL Nutrition [0:03:12]
“I see so many women wanting to go ‘back.’ I want to be back to what I was 2 years ago. I want to be back to what I was in high school. And a lot of the times, if you weren’t doing something sustainable, more often than not that time period was miserable.” — XL Nutrition [0:07:03]
“Why do we look at wellness any differently than any other thing we are trying to obtain? We don’t think we are going to get rich overnight. We don’t think we’re going get strong overnight. In every other area of our life we accept there is a process and that it’s gonna take time to get to where we want to be.” — XL Nutrition [0:10:04]
“Life is not meant to be lived with restrictions that are so tight. You want to find yourself a comfortable balance.” — XL Nutrition [0:15:02]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: