From how you look to how good sex can be, there is a muscle that few people talk about despite its huge impact on your quality of life. A key issue for many women, today we speak to Yarlap Co-Founder MaryEllen Reider about the importance of the pelvic floor and what you can do to strengthen this muscle. We open the episode with host Chrystal Rose sharing how entering a new year is a time to reassess your health and wellness goals. After talking about changes that she’s making to her fitness routine, we dive into our conversation with MaryEllen. We touch on what Kegel exercises are and why most people aren’t doing them correctly before exploring what can lead to a weakened pelvic floor. A profound insight, MaryEllen explains how many women can overcome urinary incontinence by strengthening their pelvic floor. She then discusses how developing this muscle leads to better sex and overall health. We ask MaryEllen about her journey into women’s health and her answers highlight how poorly understood women’s needs are. Near the end of the episode, she tells listeners about products that can help them achieve “pelvic floors of steel.” While challenges like urinary incontinence are common, that doesn’t mean that they have to be normal. Tune in to hear the benefits of developing your pelvic floor.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Using the New Year to develop a sustainable approach to fitness.
- Hear how host Chrystal has changed her workout routine.
- “Just move your body” — the importance of finding what works for you.
- How nutrition coaches guide you in achieving your goals.
- Introducing today’s guest, Yarlap Co-Founder MaryEllen Reider.
- MaryEllen shares details about her goals, gratitude, and badassery.
- Exploring what pelvic floor muscles are and what they do.
- The role of Kegel exercises and why most people don’t perform them correctly.
- How certain physical exercises can damage your pelvic floor
- Overcoming urinary incontinence by strengthening your pelvic floor.
- Why engaging your pelvic muscles leads to better sex.
- MaryEllen talks about her journey into pelvic floor health.
- How MaryEllen’s products help women get a “pelvic floor of steel.”
“Any movement is better than no movement. Just move your body, whatever you enjoy doing.” — @Xtal_Rose[0:05:50]
“We’re constantly told to do Kegel exercises but we can’t do them properly because we don’t know how. It’s a setup for failure.” — MaryEllen Reider [0:19:05]
“Your clitoris is basically an ice-berg that runs along your pelvic floor.” — MaryEllen Reider [0:24:35]
“Half of the world’s population has periods. We should not feel weird about that” — MaryEllen Reider [0:36:12]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: