Finding freedom in the food you eat is both enlightening and liberating, yet achieving this goal can be challenging. Today we speak with Sloane Elizabeth about food freedom and the effort it takes to achieve it. As a holistic food freedom and body confidence coach, Sloane uses a combination of nutritional science and spirituality to help women release their food fears and restrictions. We lay the foundations for our conversation by hearing about Sloane’s personal goals and what she is grateful for before talking about her food philosophy. Sloane then walks us through the three different layers of “self”, paying special attention to our spiritual side. Toward the end of the show, we find out just how smart our bodies are, and why our brains have good intentions but might not offer us the best solutions. As she explains, it’s about returning trust to our bodies and recognizing it for the intelligent entity that it is. To find out more about how you can achieve food freedom, be sure to join us today.
Key Points From This Episode:
● Introducing today’s topic: food and the body.
● Find out about Sloane’s current goals and what she is grateful for.
● Hear about Sloane’s food philosophy.
● Why Sloane believes food freedom goes beyond food itself.
● Find out about why your child self may have had more food freedom than you do today.
● Exploring Sloane’s three layers of “self”.
● How by focusing on food in the right ways, you’re no longer obsessed with it.
● The importance of keeping track of your personal everyday wins.
● How Sloane copes with a bad day.
“Food and body is such a crucial part of the whole self-love conversation.” — @Xtal_Rose [0:01:10]
“It’s really never about the food. It’s control, it’s self-worth, it’s fear and when I started realizing that, I had a lot of anxiety.” — Sloane Elizabeth [0:10:02]
“Our bodies are so much smarter than our brains, and the brain likes to hijack that system.” — Sloane Elizabeth [0:21:03]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: