We often hear about women who have embraced a healthy body-positive mindset and how that one active step in deciding to accept one’s body can be life-altering. Breaking up with perfectionism and society’s standards is key to embracing body-positivity and self-care. You shouldn’t allow shame and the opinion of others to influence how you view yourself and your unique journey. Grace yourself, learn from your mistakes, and embrace the messiness. Today on the Self Love Breakfast Club we welcome guest Jordan Gomez. Jordan is a body-positive life coach who helps women lose weight, gain muscle, and feel confident in their skin. She focuses on self-love and body-positivity as the ideal way for women to create long-term lifestyle change. Tune in to today’s episode, as we kick down and break up with perfectionism with help from life coach Jordan Gomez.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Goals, gratitude, and badassery for Jordan.
- How body-positivity and self-love became important to Jordan.
- How your emotional state influences your body image and how you feel about yourself.
- Why you need to break up with the idea of doing things perfectly.
- Why waiting for the right time is detrimental to your progress and growth — It’s important to just start.
- Let go of your ego — Learn from your failures and embrace the messiness.
- Don’t allow shame and the opinion of others to hold you back.
- It’s important to work through your emotions — Don’t let them define you.
- We talk about the idea of body-acceptance — You have to start somewhere.
- The issue of guilt — Why making changes is not a negative tally on body-positivity.
- Why “Why?” is the biggest question we should ask ourselves when it comes to making changes.
- We talk about the pandemic and how 2020 dipped and rose through different seasons.
- Why being okay with errors is beneficial to your body-positive journey — Give yourself grace.
- Jordan shares a quote that she lives by.
“The shift of body-positivity towards myself changed my life — and changed my life for the better.” — @JGoFit [0:07:47]
“When you are feeling empowered within yourself then you can go out and empower others — and that is really my mission here.” — @JGoFit [0:09:11]
“If you always feel like you are not enough, then you are always going to be searching for that gratification — from buying something or getting something that will make you feel better — and really you have to find it in yourself.” — @JGoFit [0:09:56]
“Knowing your why behind it is so powerful when you are making changes in your life.” — @JGoFit [0:25:18]
“You’re allowed to take up space.” — @JGoFit [0:35:46]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: