Today on the podcast we are joined by Ashley Malone. Ashley is a spiritual self-love coach whose mission is to help women embrace their highest self and radiate love. She is committed to guiding women back to their truth so that they no longer have to search for the answers outside of themselves. In this episode, Ashley talks about gratitude, trauma, and forgiveness. You’ll find out what led her to coaching and why she chose to be a life coach over being a psychologist. She also talks candidly about the sexual and physical abuse that she endured when she was younger and the desire she has to turn her pain into purpose. Tune in today as we sit with Ashley and hear about her incredible journey, what she’s overcome, and how she is using that today to drive her towards changing the life path of those that she encounters.
Please be advised that due to the nature of the content, we have placed a trigger warning on this episode [TW: sexual abuse, physical abuse]. Listeners who would prefer not to listen to Ashley’s account of the trauma she went through, please skip the audio between [0:16:20] and [0:18:12].
Key Points From This Episode:
- Goals, gratitude, and badassery: hear Ashley’s goal to guide women back to themselves.
- How practicing gratitude for the simple things has been a powerful force for Ashley.
- Ashley feels badass thanks to the driving lessons she is doing to help her get her license.
- Find out a bit more about Ashley’s background and what led her to coaching.
- Ashley talks candidly about the sexual and physical abuse she experienced when she was younger [0:16:20] – [0:18:12] [TW: sexual abuse, physical abuse].
- Revealing her trauma to her therapist, dropping out of university, and moving to the UK.
- What drew Ashley towards life coaching rather than becoming a psychologist.
- Hear about Ashley’s desire to turn her pain into purpose and why she is grateful for it.
- The importance of having compassion for a person who has wronged you.
- Ashley shares her views on forgiveness; it is a personal tool we can use to free ourselves.
- How good it can feel to be your authentic self.
- Ending on a quote: “Hold space for yourself.”
“What drew me towards life coaching is the fact that it’s not about staying in the story and staying in the stickiness. It’s about, okay, this happened to me, but how do I move through this? How do I turn this into an experience that can uplift me?” — Ashley Malone [0:19:25]
“I am so grateful that I have the desire to turn my pain into purpose.” — Ashley Malone [0:22:32]
“It’s so freeing once you realize that everything you need is within you and not externally. Then you’re not coming from a place of scarcity.” — Ashley Malone [0:31:59]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: