With Valentine’s Day coming up, Chrystal has invited a very special guest to speak about healthy relationships; her husband, Jeff Cordero! An important part of self-love is carrying that self-love into our relationships, but what does that looks like? And what does it look like to have a truly healthy relationship? Tuning in, you’ll hear Jeff and Chrystal speak candidly about their marriage, and the importance of mutual support, communication, and spending time apart. Yes, having your own hobbies is a crucial part of a healthy, happy relationship! You’ll also find out what advice Jeff has, his perspective on compromise, and why he believes that a relationship takes constant work, so don’t miss this episode!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Jeff shares some of the healthy aspects of his relationship with Chrystal.
- The importance of mutual support to help with understanding the other’s perspective.
- A demanding job can take a toll on your relationship; communication is key!
- Why spending time apart and having your own hobbies can be good for your relationship.
- Jeff talks about his journey with sobriety and fitness and how Chrystal supported him.
- Jeff explains why it was so valuable to him to have someone in his corner.
- Find out what Jeff believes the role of compromise is in any good relationship.
- Hear about what Jeff considers the best part of their relationship: seeing the other succeed.
- Jeff’s advice for building a lasting relationship: it takes constant work and communication.
- Accepting your partner as they are, including their dreams and ambitions.
“[A demanding job] can take a toll on a relationship for sure, but I think that if there is good communication and there is a lot of understanding from both parties, it can go a long way.” — Jeff Cordero [0:06:44]
“In any good relationship, there’s a lot of give and take. There’s a lot of accommodating, there’s a lot of helping the other person out.” — Jeff Cordero [0:18:37]
“You can’t build a relationship in three months that is going to last forever, because you need to constantly be working and tinkering at it, but you can definitely ruin a relationship that you want to build in the first three months, or three days, or three hours.” — Jeff Cordero [0:23:41]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: