Here on the Self Love Breakfast Club, Chrystal loves speaking to women’s health experts, and this episode is no different. Today’s guest is Kim Rosas, reusable menstrual cup expert and Founder of Period Nirvana. Kim helps to erase the taboo of menstruation by educating consumers on periods, menstrual products and their eco friendly alternatives, including reusable cups, discs, and sanitary pads, as well as period proof panties and swimwear. Tuning in, you’ll hear how Kim came to build her career around menstrual cups and she outlines some of the benefits of using one versus using regular tampons. She also shares some of the hilarious reactions she has received during her demonstrations and talks, explains how sex with a cup is possible (but not recommended), and compares how a menstrual disc is different to a cup. Kim’s goal is to help you find your period nirvana, so let’s talk about periods!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Goals, Gratitude, and Badassery: Kim hopes to reach 10,000 followers on Instagram.
- Why Kim is grateful for online communities, especially during COVID.
- Kim’s most recent badass move was starting a company during a pandemic.
- Making a career out of menstrual cups: the story of how Kim came to start her company.
- How Kim turns the topic of periods into one that is fun and easy to talk about.
- Find out about the benefits of a menstrual cup versus tampons.
- Hear about the (many) pros and (few) cons of using a menstrual cup.
- Some of the reactions Kim has received to her talks and demonstrations.
- Breaking the stereotype of who uses menstrual cups: they are for everyone!
- Sex with a cup; Kim explains how it’s possible, though she doesn’t recommend it.
- Learn about the menstrual disc, how it’s different to a cup, and how it works.
- Ending with a quote: “Never say never.”
“I’m very proud of the work that I’ve done and continue to do, but it is an interesting and somewhat taboo topic.” — @KimRosas [0:09:57]
“When I talk to people about why they should switch, I think it’s more about comfort and convenience.” — @KimRosas [0:18:13]
“I really miss events. I can’t wait to get back to it because it’s such a tactile product and people who haven’t seen it get so much out of these demos and talking to a real person.” — @KimRosas [0:25:50]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: