Today’s guest wants to create a place for women to feel safe and be heard, both in the gym and in business. Chelsea Murn is a seasoned climber, climbing coach, and brain-rewiring Certified Business Mentor. For years, she struggled to move the needle on her own performance, but she eventually discovered what did and didn’t work along the way. She now offers a variety of programs to help other women take massive leaps in their performance through training, nutrition, mindset, and hormone balancing. After quickly building a six-figure coaching business in an industry that rarely sees that happen, she became passionate about equipping business owners and climbing coaches with the tool they need to maximize their clients’ results and successfully scale their businesses. In this episode, she shares more about her personal journey and the services she offers as a climbing and business coach as well as the importance of celebrating the small wins, finding the right coach for you, and the role of hormone balancing in physical fitness. Tune in today to find out more!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Goals, Gratitude, and Badassery: Chelsea shares her current goals for growing her business.
- Hear why Chelsea is grateful that she doesn’t have to leave the house today!
- Why she feels badass for letting her guard down and learning to be vulnerable.
- Find out more about the type of rock climbing that she does and trains others in.
- Her favorite place to climb: Leavenworth, Washington, right here in the US.
- The point in her climbing career when Chelsea decided she wanted to coach others.
- Learn why she chose to coach women specifically; creating a safe space where women can be heard and understood.
- Being a woman herself, Chelsea can relate to the struggles and fears her clients have.
- Chelsea talks about the landmark inclusion of rock climbing in the 2021 Olympics.
- Hear about her pivot from climbing coaching to business coaching.
- Celebrating the small wins; you never know what will lead you to what you really want.
- How to find the right coach for you; see if what they say resonates with you.
- Everyone should invest in their personal growth; why Chelsea is wary of coaches that don’t have coaches themselves.
- Hormone balancing from her personal experience and its role in physical fitness.
- The importance of managing stress as a business owner; you are your business!
- Ending with a quote: “If you have a goal and you can accomplish it alone, you’re not dreaming big enough.”
“There are tons of climbing coaches out there, but not many that specifically work with women. I found that that is what was missing, is that women needed a place to feel safe and be heard and have people understand them and not say, ‘The answer is just to try harder!’” — Chelsea Murn [0:17:18]
“You never know what is going to lead you to that thing that you actually really love.” — Chelsea Murn [0:21:52]
“I would be wary of a business coach that does not have a business coach.” — Chelsea Murn [0:25:20]
“Yes, I could [stick to climbing coaching] and I could do well at that, but there are so many other things that I want to talk about because, really, it is all so connected and it all matters.” — Chelsea Murn [0:35:20]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: