There have been so many amazing women on the Self-Love Breakfast Club – from Olympic athletes to doctors, coaches, and moms – and today’s episode is no exception. Miray Tayfun is the Cofounder and CEO of Vivoo, an application based on urine data. That’s right! Peeing on a stick. It delivers personalized nutrition and lifestyle advice to the user, helping you sustain a healthy lifestyle by understanding your body’s needs. Miray has completed her undergraduate studies in bioengineering and a postgraduate program at Stanford University, specializing in go-to-market strategies as well as diet and gene expression. She has previously founded companies in medical diagnostics, smart homes, and smart co-living spaces and, in this episode, she shares her expertise about urine and what it can tell you about your health. Tuning in, you’ll find out a bit more about Miray, her journey as an entrepreneur, and how Vivoo has grown. She also explains exactly how it works and how you can use it to track the efficiency of your diet and as a tool to listen to your body’s voice. Tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Goals, Gratitude, and Badassery: hear Miray’s goals for 2021 and what she is grateful for.
- Why the challenges and sacrifices she made to grow her company make her feel badass.
- Miray shares some of the steps she took to scale her business; it’s an ongoing process!
- Some personal sacrifices she had to make, including in her love life.
- The stresses of being an entrepreneur and why self-care is crucial to counteract that.
- Why making time to exercise is a non-negotiable for Miray.
- How peeing on a stick can offer health and wellness insight: learn more about Vivoo.
- The image processing technology that links the test strip to the Vivoo app.
- Why Vivoo’s recommendations allow you to take action and make improvements rather than shaming you for unhealthy behavior.
- Discover the most beneficial aspects of Vivoo, like tracking the efficiency of your diet.
- The benefits of launching an online company during a global pandemic.
- Miray’s hopes for small businesses in the future: the power they have to shift industries.
- The value of experimenting with your nutrition and learning from those changes.
- How Vivoo is just a tool to help you listen to your body’s voice.
- Hear more about Miray’s personal journey with nutrition and her shift to vegetarianism.
- Ending with a quote: “Don’t forget to listen to your body’s voice.”
“If you want to grow healthy and be able to scale, you have to take small steps but sure steps every time.” — @MirayTayfun [0:10:36]
“All the products in the market, they say, ‘You are not taking enough steps,’ or ‘Your heart rate variability is bad.’ You have to deal with that data, but you don’t know what to do. We didn’t want to do that to our customers. We want them to be able to take actions [and make improvements].” — @MirayTayfun [0:20:32]
“Whatever diet you are [following], whatever lifestyle you have, Vivoo comes in between and fills in the gaps for you, based on your requirements.” — @MirayTayfun [0:23:12]
“I’m listening to my body and asking what it wants.” — @MirayTayfun [0:35:36]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: