Do you want to experience total food freedom, create new healthy habits, and reach your goals with 100 percent accountability and support but without the frustration of lifestyle restriction? Well, this is the episode for you! Today’s guest is Eve Guzman, an internationally acclaimed nutritionist, personal trainer, public speaker, and PEOPLE Magazine ‘Half Their Size’ ambassador. She has lost more than 150 pounds through exercise and her macro nutrition philosophy, going from obese to a nationally qualified figure competitor. She is the founder of the G-Transformation Academy, which aims to help women ditch bad diets and lose weight without feeling restricted. She also teaches personal trainers and health coaches how to grow their business and maximize their clients’ results through her Macro Mentorship program. She is determined to bring more diversity to the space through her experience with intersectionality throughout her life. Tuning in, you’ll learn a bit more about Eve’s personal journey, how macro counting can change your relationship with food when you do it right, and the scientifically-proven certification she has created to fill a gap in the market, as well as how she overcame imposter syndrome to build her own business. Tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Goals, Gratitude, Badassery: hear about Eve’s upcoming goal of purchasing a boat.
- Find out why she is grateful for doing things she is afraid of; you can’t let fear hold you back!
- Why creating Macro Mentorship as a woman is something that makes her feel badass.
- Eve talks about losing half her body weight by finding a sustainable method that included the foods she liked to eat.
- What it was like when she discovered macro tracking and began eating chocolate every day.
- It’s not a fad diet, it’s not magic; it changes your relationship with food when you do it right.
- Eve explains why counting macros doesn’t have to be painful or restrictive.
- The importance of building self confidence in order to be less obsessive about dieting.
- Weight versus body composition: how Eve tries to help women stop chasing a number.
- Why Eve created a certification for coaches: what she felt was missing from the cert space.
- What informed her decision to create a certification of her own and fill a gap in the market.
- Overcoming fear and imposter syndrome to build her own business.
- Eve’s journey toward becoming known as a good coach with integrity, not just the woman who lost half her body weight.
- The responsibility she feels to create responsible coaches and abolish bad coaching.
- Ending with a quote: “She believed she could, so she did.”
“I am grateful for doing things afraid because if I let fear hold me back, I would not be where I am at today.” — Eve Guzman [0:06:39]
“It changes your relationship with food when you do it right.” — Eve Guzman [0:14:31]
“I didn’t want to just be known as the girl who lost half her bodyweight and created a cert because of that. I wanted to be known for being a good coach, having integrity, pushing [coaches] to their full potential.” — Eve Guzman [0:28:48]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: