Today’s guest is Brantley Belk, a model for Rebellia and store manager for Project LeanNation, where she lives her dream and impacts lives. Brantley finds herself happiest connecting with people through nutrition and fitness at work and during her free time. Today, on Self Love Breakfast Club, we discuss Brantley’s job at Project LeanNation, a rapidly growing company that helps people live a sustainable life through prepared healthy meal plans. We talk about the importance of having a sustainable eating plan and the very common issue of undereating in the fitness community. Brantley explains how lifting is her love language and we discuss CrossFit, Peloton and, of course, our favorite Peloton instructors. With wisdom far beyond her years, Brantley shares her thoughts on work, the satisfaction that comes from having an impact on people, and the encouragement to keep searching for that job you love. Her goal in life is to spread sunshine everywhere she goes, and she manages to do it even in this show, so tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Hear the story of how Chrystal met Brantley and she became a model for Rebellia.
- In goals, gratitude, and badassery, hear about Brantley’s gratitude for her friends’ support through a job transition.
- Chrystal and Brantley share their love for lifting and the joy of lifting with other women.
- An introduction to Project LeanNation, a company that creates prepared healthy meal plans.
- The problem of undereating and how this can be counterproductive to your weight goals.
- Brantley’s journey with CrossFit.
- Chrystal shares how intimidated she was about weightlifting when she first started.
- How the best workout for you is the one that you’ll enjoy.
- Chrystal and Brantley share their love for Peloton and their favorite instructors.
- Thoughts on work and the satisfaction that comes from making an impact on someone’s life.
- What Brantley has learned from her job in terms of entrepreneurship and the importance of finding a job that you love.
- Some encouragement for Chrystal to keep searching until you figure out what you want to do.
- The quote that Brantley lives by: “No need to outsource your greatness. You have to activate that shit.”
“I’ve always been really into the fitness piece of [CrossFit], and I’ve really had to learn the nutrition piece of it. They have fused together to make this super impactful lifestyle for me that I can shine on other people.” — Brantley Belk [16:18]
“Once they realize their potential and their greatness and they can see it, the payoff, it’s like everything clicks, and that’s super magical!” — Brantley Belk [27:44]
“It’s crazy what happens for yourself and how happy you can be when you get in a position of doing something that you love, even if it’s an unconventional role.” — Brantley Belk [29:54]
“Let me glow, let me grow, and let me show what I’m made of, because I have it in me.” — Brantley Belk [33:59]
“A lot of times we doubt ourselves and we think that we’re not good enough and self-sabotage. Just remembering how strong and powerful and wonderful we are is so important.” — Brantley Belk [34:07]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: