Today, in the first episode of season three, Chrystal shares some insight into what you can expect from the Self Love Breakfast Club going forward. As we move from four episodes a month to 12, Chrystal explains that this is a new beginning for the podcast. Tuning in, you’ll find out why she started the podcast in the first place and why she wants it to be a space of not just inspiration and motivation, but so much more! She shares her thoughts on spending time looking back and missing the person you used to be or thinking you’ll be happy when you reach certain goals instead of loving yourself internally in the moment and enjoying the ride. Find out how the podcast aims to fill the gap in the fitness and diet space by providing the tools to make internal change, move forward, and continually step into the best version of yourself, while also cultivating a safe, supportive community. To hear about how the Self Love Breakfast Club can help you on your mission to love yourself, pursue your goals while being okay with the way things are, and find your place in an awesome and supportive sisterhood of incredible women, make sure not to miss this episode!
Key Points From This Episode:
- An introduction to season three and how it is a new beginning for the podcast.
- How it’s going to be structured with interviews and solo episodes, as well as 12 episodes a month instead of four.
- The original reason that Chrystal started the podcast: health, wellness, and fitness.
- The podcast’s mission going forward: not just inspiration and motivation, but so much more!
- The revised focus on taking care of yourself internally.
- The importance of not looking back but loving yourself through all seasons.
- Destination addiction and the lie of thinking you’ll be happy when you reach certain goals.
- The importance of being in the moment, being okay with things today, and enjoying the ride.
- Why Chrystal is trying to grow a sisterhood and a safe place of support.
- Her goal: to fill in the gap in the fitness space by helping you make internal change.
- Find out how leveling up can be lonely.
- The importance of owning your own shit!
- Why Chrystal is sick of the women-empowerment trend.
- The goal to create a space where you feel so supported, it almost feels unsafe.
- Closing thoughts on the new mission: to round up all the women who feel like they want more, not just in health, fitness, and looks, but on the inside.
“My goal was to show you how we’re not so different, how a woman who is doing amazing, big, incredible things is not so different from you. Maybe she’s a few steps ahead of you, maybe she’s 10 steps ahead of you but, if you want to be there, you can too.” — Chrystal Rose [00:03:08]
“When do you get to chill? When do you get to relax? When do you get to just be?” — Chrystal Rose [00:09:29]
“You can’t just decide one day that you’re going to love yourself and, suddenly, all of those beliefs that you had leading up until now go away. They don’t. You have to work on them.”— Chrystal Rose [00:11:19]
“No more looking back with this ‘I wish I could’ [mentality] or nostalgia. We’re moving forward. We get to continually step into the best version of us.” — Chrystal Rose [00:12:59]
“We are going to crush our internal goals. We’re going to smash the shit out of them, and we’re going to celebrate along the way, and we’re going to do it together!” — Chrystal Rose [00:14:33]
“I want you to feel so supported it almost feels unsafe. I want you to show up and feel like, ‘Oh, my God. I’m so supported here, it’s weird!’ and realize that it can be normal.” — Chrystal Rose [00:18:30]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: