In this Solo Session today, Chrystal delves deep into her fitness journey, her path to self-love, and, in line with the new direction of the Self Love Breakfast Club, she opens up about where she wants ‘more’. Chrystal starts by explaining how messed up she was before she found fitness, how her life changed when she found ‘real fitness’ and started weightlifting, and how this led her to focus on nutrition. Through this process, she started to cultivate self-love, but she found that any level of self-love or self-care in the fitness industry was very ‘surfacey’. Despite the shortcomings of the industry, Chrystal explains how her desire to feel good internally without changing her external body led her to develop a strong sense of self. In this episode, she opens up about her struggles with crippling anxiety and depression, and how, instead of running from it, she had to face her pain in order to overcome it. She also points out some of the current shortcomings of the fitness industry and the very popular mindset work that actually doesn’t work. Find out how she is using this podcast to equip people with the right tools to go deeper and to change deep-rooted beliefs in order to achieve a real, permanent, self-love transformation. For another great episode of the podcast Chrystal wishes she could have listened to years ago, tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- What Chrystal was like before she found fitness: obsessed with weight loss and looking a certain way.
- How she found ‘real fitness’ through weightlifting and getting strong.
- How this led her into the nutrition side of the fitness space.
- Chrystal’s phases of being super-fit and then not that lean.
- What led Chrystal to start asking how you could feel good internally without changing yourself externally.
- Thoughts on transformation photos, social media, aging, and backsliding.
- How she started to explore the world of self-love and developed a strong sense of self.
- Thoughts on why we run from the pain when the only way out of it is through it.
- Chrystal opens up about her struggles with crippling anxiety and depression and how she had to face her pain to overcome it.
- How she is using her own healing to help others through this podcast and this community.
- The shortcomings of the fitness space: How everyone’s doing the same mindset stuff and why it doesn’t work.
- How this podcast is filling in the gaps and helping you to change not just your mindset but your belief system.
“I’m at the place now where I have a pretty strong sense of self and when something comes up that makes me sad, or angry, or hurts me, or frustrates me, or stresses me, I deal with it! But I don’t attach it to my physical self, I don’t attach it to my worth, I don’t attach it to my body anymore.” — Chrystal Rose [0:10:53]
“No matter how fit you are, no matter how strong you are, no matter how good you look, we have shit that’s holding us back on the inside.” — Chrystal Rose [0:13:50]
“I had to meet the parts of myself that I didn’t want to meet, like these ugly parts of myself that I didn’t want to face, the parts of myself that needed love and needed healing, no matter how ugly they were. And I did that and I was able to do that for myself.” — Chrystal Rose [0:15:31]
“Until you’re able to do it on the inside, until you’re able to change your belief system, which changes your thoughts, and then your thoughts dictate your emotions, which create your actions, which get you the results you either do or do not want.” — Chrystal Rose [0:18:32]
“I am here to help every freaking single one of you break free from your bullshit beliefs.” — Chrystal Rose [0:18:55]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: