“What’s not working in the personal development world and the fitness industry? What are we missing? How can we fill in the gaps?” These are the questions Chrystal is constantly asking. As Chrystal prepares for the launch of the Self-Love Breakfast Club in July, an engaged like-minded community of people working on themselves, she discusses why this club is so desperately needed. She continues to unpack what is happening in the fitness industry and in the personal development space, and why the things we are constantly doing for self-improvement are just not working. She explains that what’s needed for real change is a shift in our belief systems but instead of doing the internal work, people find themselves stuck on a hamster wheel, constantly trying to fix the external in the hopes that it will make us happy. Tuning in today, you’ll hear why mindset work doesn’t work, why people struggle with destination addiction, and why Chrystal believes that both diet culture and anti-diet culture are toxic. Find out why your ability to truly love yourself is imperative to the quality of your life, how real change comes from doing the internal work, and why the Self-Love Breakfast Club may be the solution you have been waiting for.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Insight into the upcoming launch of the Self-Love Breakfast Club in July: an engaged like-minded community of people working on themselves.
- Why this club is needed.
- Why what is happening in the fitness industry and in the personal development space is not working: it bypasses our beliefs.
- How self-love is the root of all things and why the quality of our lives depends on it.
- Why mindset work doesn’t work.
- How what is missing is internal beliefs and what is needed for them to change.
- How so many people seem to be on hamster wheels, never making real progress.
- The problem of destination addiction: by the time we get to where we want to be we’ve already moved the target.
- Thoughts on how real change comes from doing the internal work, not the mindset crap.
- People are either living in the future, who they want to be, or the past, feeling shameful that they’re not who they used to be.
- Why Chrystal believes that both diet culture and anti-diet culture are toxic.
- Why the industry’s belief that the external is going to change the internal is false.
- Thoughts on how everything in your life will improve when you improve your relationship with yourself.
- The importance of first finding love for ourselves, and then other love adds value.
- Chrystal ends with an invitation to join the Self-Love Breakfast Club.
“What’s going on out there in the fitness industry, in the personal development industry as a whole, it’s not working! People are not becoming who they want to become.” — Chrystal Rose [03:20]
“Self-love is this fluffy kind of concept, people talk about it, it’s a buzzword, but it’s really deep and it’s the root of all things. It’s the root of everything.” — Chrystal Rose [04:22]
“If your self-love is maxed capacity, your life is going to be incredible in all aspects. It will!
If your self-love is low, if you struggle to love and accept yourself, it’s going to reflect in the rest of your life also.” — Chrystal Rose [04:35]
“By the time we get to where we want to be, we’ve already moved the target, or we’ve self-sabotaged so we can’t get there in the first place.” — Chrystal Rose [09:14]
“The more you show up for you, the more happy you will be, the more content you will feel in your body, the better everything will get. Everything in your life will improve when you start improving your relationship with yourself.” — Chrystal Rose [15:47]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: