In today’s world, it has become a trend to always be busy and work constantly. This sets us up to need external validation and drives us towards stress and burnout. Today, Chrystal tackles this subject and states the importance of making time for self-care and personal growth. She talks about her own experience with stress and how she has seen more success in her businesses when she has prioritized her own personal growth and self-care. After one of the leaders she looked up to said that women should work harder and take fewer spa days to reach the top, Chrystal challenges this statement. She gives examples of the powerful women entrepreneurs she knows that prioritize personal growth and are crushing it in many different aspects of their lives, beyond just business. Tuning in, you’ll find out why pulling back from your business is not going to crumble it, why playing the long game means taking breaks so you can support yourself, and what it means to have ‘aligned action’. To hear more about how to achieve sustainable success by putting as much work into your own well-being as you do your business or job, tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- How overworking and busyness have become a trend.
- How when you focus solely on achievement, self-care suffers.
- Chrystal’s experience of succeeding more in business when focussing on personal growth.
- How women entrepreneurs are so afraid to slow down but it’s so much harder to come back from burnout.
- Chrystal tells the story of a friend’s experience with severe burnout.
- Why Chrystal disagrees with one of her leaders who said that women should work harder and take fewer spa days to reach the top.
- Examples of women who run seven-figure businesses and advocate for personal growth.
- The importance of having a strong team or the right support.
- Chrystal’s personal struggles with stress.
- Why playing the long game means taking breaks so you can support yourself through it.
- How the women who are crushing it in business are often also the women who are crushing it in other areas of their lives.
- How it’s hard to know yourself when you are working all the time and why you should have hobbies.
- The importance of putting as much work into your own well-being as you do your business or job.
© 2021 Self Love Breakfast Club 1
SLBC S3E101 Show Notes
“I have personally seen more success in both of my businesses when I have stepped back, done less, worked less, and focussed on my personal growth more.” — Chrystal Rose [02:32]
“The reality is when your body and your emotional and physical well-being comes crashing down, that is far more important and far harder to come back from. Pulling back on your business is not going to crumble it.” — Chrystal Rose [03:52]
“If you want to get to where you want to go, and you want to be healthy and happy on the way there and when you get there, then self-care is a non-negotiable.” — Chrystal Rose [10:43]
“I think that it’s not necessarily about the working hours, or how many hours you’re working, I think it’s about being willing to put as much work into your own well-being as you are into your business or your job.” — Chrystal Rose [16:37]
“I truly truly believe that you can be a badass woman entrepreneur, or maybe not a business owner, but have a kickass job, have a job you love, and be great at it. I think you can be that person and do that, and also take really great care of yourself.” — Chrystal Rose [17:27] Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: