Leaving a relationship is never easy, but it can be especially hard if there is not a dramatic or explosive reason for you to call it quits. Yes, you might not be fighting constantly or in a toxic cycle of anger and resentment, but in your gut, you know you are not living in alignment. In today’s Girlfriend Chat, Deb McCollum joins again to talk about transitioning out of relationships. We are not diving into full-on breakups, but rather the steps you take before you leave for good. Deb shares a story of a friend who is in a position like this now, and we see that even though circumstances may be different, lessons are universal. Chrystal also shares more about her sister’s relationship and some takeaways we can gain from it. Although leaving a relationship is undoubtedly painful, you return to yourself, which is where you were always meant to be! Tune in to hear it all.
Key Points From This Episode:
- The story of Deb’s friend who was transitioning out of a marriage.
- If you are not living in your soul’s alignment, you will feel stuck.
- You do not always need something dramatic or explosive to happen for you to make a big decision.
- Even if we experience the same thing, we all learn different things from it.
- You do not owe anyone an explanation for the decisions you make.
- Chrystal’s sister’s experience with her marriage and the lessons we can learn from it.
- Your behavior and responses are often a product of your environment.
- Where Deb’s friend is at in the process of leaving her relationship.
- Ultimately, you have to listen to your internal knowing, even if it’s hard.
- You learn so much from painful experiences!
“What do individuals do when they do feel like they want to get out of a relationship but there’s nothing crazy, like explosive things happening?” — Deb McCollum [04:41]
“At the end of the day, you’re either going to grow together or you’re going to grow apart.” — Chrystal Rose [11:58]
“There is no length of time that should trump your internal knowing.” — Chrystal Rose [12:34]
“Every time we are faced with pain, that’s an opportunity for growth because then we get to lean into who we truly are.” — Chrystal Rose [27:00]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Text Group: Send ‘Podcast’ to 7042706577