Have you ever made a decision even though your body was screaming at you not to…and then it turned out poorly? Or have you ever had a small voice in the back of your head nagging you to do something, only to have your brain shut it down?
This voice is our gut speaking, and it always speaks our inner truth. But in a world where we are conditioned to act logically and hyper analyze our actions, we are constantly putting our gut reactions on the back burner. Today’s episode of The Self Love Breakfast Club is all about training your gut, just like you would train a muscle, so you can stop bypassing your intuition and start listening to what your body is telling you.
Tune into this week’s solo sesh for a conversation with host Chrystal Rose about training your gut to find lifelong alignment. Learn about the differences between your gut and your brain, how to identify yeses and nos in your body, and why following your gut will help you get unstuck.
- “Our gut is our intuition, and it’s our inner truth. No matter what’s going on, no matter how much our brain wants to justify, ignore, bypass, logic, create stories, keep us safe, our gut is always right.” (05:17-05:40)
- “Our gut is like a muscle….When we continually bypass it, it just gets quieter and quieter and quieter.” (06:55-07:03)
- “Alignment isn’t about just being happy all the time. It’s about living your truth.” (8:08-8:13)
- “If you were able to listen to your inner truth at all times, you would never be stuck. It might get complicated, there might be some logistics to work through, but it’s not impossible, and you’re not stuck….And you have so many more options when you aren’t in your head and you’re in your body and you’re listening to your truth.” (13:17-13:42)
- “What if you followed your inner truth? What would your life look like if you followed your truth? If you followed your gut and just figured it out, how different would things be for you, if at all?” (19:18-19:40)
- “Following your gut is one of the biggest acts of self-love you can do for yourself because it says several things. It says that you trust yourself. It says that you can trust in yourself because this is coming from you. It says that you believe that you are worthy of joy, that you are worthy of following your gut and your purpose.” (19:44-20:20)
Connect with Chrystal
To join our Self Love Breakfast Club text community, text SLBC to 704-270-6577.