“Fuck ‘em, do you,” says Kelli Tennant, Host of The Kelli Show podcast and CEO of Soul Fire Productions. Former TV show host, Kelli became burnt out by an industry that consistently encouraged women to blindly play their part. Now, Kelli has made a career of helping women step out of their “good girl” roles and into their sexuality and soul purpose.
Kelli tells us that, growing up, she embodied society’s idea of success. She was one of the top five volleyball players in the country, she was a straight A student, she was on ESPN at 21; in other words, Kelli just kept checking the boxes she needed to receive external validation. But one day, she looked in the mirror and realized she had no idea who she was, what she wanted, or what actually felt good to her. Throughout her years of people pleasing, Kelli had completely lost sight of her authentic self. It was at that moment that Kelli began to create her own rules, so she could live life on her own terms.
Tune into this week’s episode of The Self Love Breakfast Club for a conversation with Kelli about discovering your soul-level self. Learn why asking our bodies what they need is the key to unlocking fulfillment, why society’s concept of success does not have to match your own, and how to create a life that nourishes the truest version of yourself.
- “I was just living for everyone else. I never asked myself, ‘What do I want? What feels good to me?’ I had just lived this life for everyone else, and so when I looked in the mirror, of course I didn’t recognize myself because it wasn’t me. It was the version that everyone else wanted from me.” (5:27-5:41)
- “The more I asked for more in every aspect of my life, the more I felt comfortable doing it.” (6:53-6:58)
- “I started to find myself for the first time. I started to feel like myself. I started to look in the mirror and recognize myself, and it was all because I got rid of these rules and lies that I had lived by for so long, and I started to create my own.” (7:44-7:56)
- “If we just take a second to get quiet and ask our bodies, ‘What do you need? What are you feeling? Why are you feeling this way?’, the answers will come. It just takes that level of discernment and quiet and the willingness to go there.” (10:45-11:00)
- “Our identities are wrapped in these versions of ourselves, and we think that that makes us valuable, that makes us whole or important in the world. And I had to really come to terms with: that is not who I am.” (15:01-15:13)
- “How can we just do more of that, to create freedom and space in our lives for play and joy and pleasure and let go of the rest?” (25:04-25:12)
Connect with Kelli Tennant:
Connect with Chrystal:
To join our Self Love Breakfast Club text community, text SLBC to 704-270-6577.