TW: This episode contains information about abuse and suicide that may be triggering for survivors.
Have you ever experienced an anxiety spiral that you were sure would last forever? Have you struggled to heal from past trauma?
Host Chrystal Rose understands firsthand the difficulty of processing trauma. After experiencing an abusive childhood, Chrystal felt unworthy of love, which manifested into depression along with body image and relationship issues. After promising to stop herself from falling too far into the darkness, Chrystal began a lengthy mental health journey that eventually led her to a place of peace.
In today’s inaugural episode under the new name Self-Love for Breakfast, Chrystal details her experience with emotional pain and healing. Learn how Chrystal began to process her childhood wounds, take emotional responsibility, and realize that poor mental health does not have to be a life sentence.
- “I think it’s really important to talk about when you’re struggling. It’s not always pretty. It’s not always glitter and sunshine and rainbows out there. So when you’re able to share yourself with another person it can be like, oh, wow, if they can do it, so can I.” (07:48-08:05)
- “I didn’t feel like I was worthy of attention because I wasn’t getting it.” (11:53-11:57)
- “I had these layers of pain and trauma that I had just experienced, that no one could understand. No one in my life could really understand. And I didn’t understand it, I didn’t know how to process it. I didn’t know how to deal with it. But it was there.” (16:32-16:48)
- “It was the first time I ever felt like I realized that I was responsible for my emotions. I haven’t had emotional responsibility. I could master my emotions.” (31:53-32:05)
- “If you’re going to work with a coach that has not worked on themselves, like the depth of what you need to do, run away. Because you cannot hold someone else if you have not held yourself.” (33:29-33:45)
- “There is so much more hope. Knowing what I know now, I have so much more hope that people can heal. This is not a life sentence.” (38:34-38:44)
Connect with Chrystal:
To join our Self Love Breakfast Club text community, text SLBC to 704-270-6577.