Have you chosen to be child-free but feel judged for that choice? Does societal pressure make you question your life decisions?
Deb McCollum returns for a girlfriend chat to discuss how to live a guilt-free, child-free life . Although they love children, Deb and Chrystal have both realized that having their own isn’t in the cards. By walking through the different reasons people make this decision, Deb and Chrystal remind their listeners that they aren’t selfish for their life choices despite societal conditioning.
Tune into this week’s episode of Self-Love for Breakfast for an honest conversation on not having children. Learn more about how Deb and Chrystal came to this conclusion, why the “kid topic” can be triggering, and how unconditional love comes in many forms.
- “If you deny someone and say, “You can’t do that.” It’s going to bite you in the ass later.” [Deb] (16:47-16:52 | Deb)
- “It’s either you’re married with kids, or you’re going to be the crazy cat lady. Why do I have to be the cat lady? Why can’t I just be the single lady who has no kids?’ (18:27-18:40 | Deb)
- “There’s so many different shades of love. And you can love someone like a child whether or not you birth them.” (24:02-24:09| Chrystal)
- “If you’re so bothered by someone else’s life choices, you probably made some choices you’re not happy with.” [Chrystal] (34:51 – 34:58)
- “I just want to give women permission that it’s okay if you want to be child-free.” [Deb] (41:19 – 41:25 |Deb)
Connect with Chrystal:
To join our Self Love Breakfast Club text community, text SLBC to 704-270-6577.