Do you struggle to appreciate your milestones? Do you focus too much on where you want to be versus where you are?
In honor of Self-Love for Breakfast’s 60,000th download, host Chrystal explains why you should celebrate your journey to success as much as the destination. As an ambitious woman, Chrystal understands the pressure we put on ourselves to get to where we want to be. We often forget to appreciate the small things and then automatically move the target when we achieve our goals. However, if we honor the milestones along the way, we can enjoy the present and every stage of our lives.
Tune into this week’s episode of Self-Love for Breakfast for an uplifting conversation on self-appreciation. Learn more about Chrystal’s podcast goals, why you shouldn’t put yourself in a box, and how to give yourself the gratitude you deserve.
- “Many social media and marketing experts will tell you my biggest mistake is that I do not have a niche. I don’t like the idea of putting yourself in a box. I don’t like the idea of putting myself in a box. I don’t think that benefits either of us. And if that means that I’m slower to success with my podcast, so be it.” (5:13 – 5:44)
- “I get to decide, and so do you. When we’re talking about getting to where we want to go, we get discouraged that we’re not “there.” But I will tell you, when you get there, it’s not going to feel the way that you want it to feel if you don’t do the work to be here today.” (6:19 – 6:43)
- “When you get to where you want to go, the targets have already moved. This is why it’s so crucial to celebrate. This is why it’s crucial to enjoy this journey as if it were the destination.” (10:05 – 10:18)
- “Celebrate every damn thing in your business that’s good. Even if it feels silly.” (11:23 – 11:29)
- “You owe it to yourself to celebrate every day if you can—something small, something big, something medium. You owe it to yourself because when you get to the big thing and are not used to celebrating, you’re not going to celebrate it. You’re not going to give it what it deserves.” (21:15- 21:35)
Connect with Chrystal:
To join our Self Love Breakfast Club text community, text SLBC to 704-270-6577.