Do you feel bogged down by disappointment? Are you struggling to appreciate the present?
Chrystal and her husband recently lost out on what they felt could have been a forever home. Although they were dissappointed at first, Chrystal remembered how amazing their current home is, and how there is so much to enjoy about her current life. It’s natural to be goal-oriented, but it’s also important to feel gratitude for your present as you head toward the future.
Tune into this week’s episode of Self-Love For Breakfast for a personal conversation on accepting the “now.” Learn more about Chrystal and her husband’s loss of their dream home, why chasing your goals doesn’t have to be painful, and the magic of living in the “middle.”
- “We’re not willing to settle because we are grateful for what we have. We’re not desperate to get into anything. We want it to be right. We want it not to be perfect, but perfect for us.” (9:54 – 10:07 | Chyrstal)
- “If you think it’s going to be hard, then you’ve decided it’s going to be hard, so it’s going to be hard. It doesn’t have to be hard.” (11:48 – 11:56 | Chrystal)
- “We get to decide if it’s going to be difficult or if it’s going to be easy. And I’ve decided it’s going to be easy.” (12:09 – 12:17 | Chrystal)
- “When we can zoom out, sit back, and look at our lives and have gratitude for what’s here now, that is when we can enjoy life.” (17:30 – 17:40 | Chrystal)
- “Have gratitude for the ups and the downs as you get to where you are inevitably going because if it’s what you want, and if it’s what you desire, and you believe it in your heart, then it is for you.” (21:20 – 21:32 | Chrystal)
Connect with Chrystal:
To join our Self Love Breakfast Club text community, text SLBC to 704-270-6577.